Wednesday 8 October 2014

Gatoni cafe, Upper Level, Castle Towers, Castle Hill

Gatoni is another frequent coffee and cake spot for my two best girlfriends and I. For over ten years we have enjoyed a multitude of coffees, teas and cakes and delicacies.  On the menu we always seem to return to the Choc Rock cake served with ice cream and that is what I came for today.  Hubby was occupied for a short window of time at the Apple store, and being one to make hay while the sun shines, I promptly headed up to Gatoni to hide away for 20 minutes...and eat cake.


It was a Sunday afternoon close to closing time and so service was a little delayed. The coffee was really great when it arrived.


The Choc Rock cake, with it's layers of crunchy hazelnut meringue layered with chocolate mousse and cream, did not disappoint. No surprises with the bill either, a fairly standard coffee and cake price of around $10. 



I texted the girls and they were jealous that I was here without them! Thanks for the memories Gatoni. Sonia xo





No comments:

Post a Comment