Thursday 2 October 2014

Sol Cafe, Old Northern Road, Baulkham Hills

I'm a little embarrassed to confess that today was my first visit to Sol Cafe and it is less than a 10 minute walk from my house! Especially now that i know it serves such great coffee! While researching for this blog I went looking online for cafes in my local area and Sol Cafe had some good reviews. It is a little tucked away from my normal driving routes (my excuse) but it was easy to find and a pleasant surprise. 

The cafe has a warm, cosy feel and is decorated with interesting tasteful art and curiosities. The waitress was friendly and patiently came back to us a few times waiting as we chatted and browsed the menu, the all day breakfast choices on offer looked delicious, we were a little early for lunch, but I was really hoping for some cake. As we chose to sit outside in the sunshine, the waitress was able to tell us about the day's cake selection but in the end I chose the pancake stack and a cappuccino. My friend is currently on a gluten free diet (with some additional restrictions) and decided on the gluten free toast - not terribly exciting but she was happy to have choices on the menu for her limited diet. The drinks arrived quickly and the coffee was great.





The pancakes were light fluffy and delicious! I'll be coming back here again for sure. Sonia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment