Tuesday 7 October 2014

Sushi Bay, Castle Towers Piazza, Castle Hill

Yes, I know that Sushi Bay is not a cafe, however, it is a favourite lunch spot for my husband and I (particularly when we are alone!) and so it seemed fitting to sneak it in here in a cafe review blog. Sadly they didn't serve coffee - please forgive me!


Upon entering and being seated the wait staff and chefs and cooks exclaim the traditional greeting used in Japanese restaurants (which I looked up so I could add it here) is "irrasshaimase", which means, "please come in".  This adds to the sense of welcome and invites diners into their sushi experience. The moving sushi train is continually refilled during the busy Sunday lunch time, allowing for a large variety of choices.













I tend to stick with the same few familiar dishes including chicken and lettuce rolls and tuna and cucumber rolls (without avocado!).  My husband is a little more adventurous and will often enjoy the sashimi.



Today we both ordered the chilli prawns. They are spicy, sweet, crunchy and delicious, especially when made fresh to order.


Prices are based on the colour of each plate and is an affordable dining experience at around $20 each (including soft drinks)!


Yes we will be coming back, the next time we have a babysitter lined up! Sonia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment